Preaching from Shady Grove Baptist Church Senior Pastor, Jason Rodgers
April 19, 2020 Ride the Pine Pony
- Now playing
- Sermon Notes
Riding the Pine Pony
April 19, 2020
- James 1:2-4 Consider it a great joy, my brothers, whenever you experience various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4 But endurance must do its complete work, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing.
- Exodus 2-4:17
Seek God where you are and allow Him to reveal the purpose in your waiting.
While Moses was in Midian he grew and developed qualities that God was able to use to enable him to successfully lead God’s people.
I.Humility - Arrogance and self-centeredness is the enemy of anyone who serves God.
- 3:11 “who am I?”
- From palace to peasant
- From riches to rags
- From prominence to powerless
II.Faith - Dependence on God and trusting His will are vital to successfully navigating life.
- A lot of “ifs”
- 3:13 - “if I go”
- 4:1 - “what if…?”
- God -“then this will happen
- Moses had many questions - God had many answers
- Ultimately, by faith, depending solely on God, Moses went.
- this is not to say God had revealed all the answers - just enough to get Moses to the next place, take the next step
- Not to say Moses wasn’t afraid, anxious, etc -
- Rather in spite of his feelings he trusted God’s voice/promises
- In faith - he obeyed
III.Understanding - In the waiting, as you seek God (and answers) He will reveal Himself and help you understand why…
Point: Seek God where you are and allow Him to reveal the purpose of your waiting.