Shady Grove Baptist Church (SGBC) has been a rock in the NE Tarrant community for over six decades. We’re a small, neighborhood church and the home for new parents, empty nesters, and those enjoying their golden years. Our family consists of individuals and families of all kinds. Shady Grove is a church that God is using to make an impact on lives and create change for good in NE Tarrant. The Youth at SGBC are a great group of kids that can be described as energetic, crazy, genuine, inclusive and fun.
Our church is looking for a part-time Youth Pastor/Director that will develop, promote and maintain a total church youth program for students in grades 7th – 12th. The Youth Pastor/Director will be under the immediate supervision of the Pastor. The Youth Pastor/Director will lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship (including music), biblical teaching, discipleship, evangelism and retreats. This individual will work with the Pastor and other staff members to achieve the objective and goals of the church.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Establish annual goals, objectives and plans to implement the youth ministry strategies.
- Plan and oversee all youth activities and programs with a primary focus on Sunday church service (Sunday school) and Wednesday night youth service. This will also apply to youth retreats, mission trips, other special events and responsibility for all youth related classes (7th -12th grade).
- Establish a friendly rapport with and among the youth through a variety of fun, and purposeful activities.
- Develop and promote biblically-based education through Sunday school and other programs.
- Provide spiritual guidance and counseling to the youth as called upon.
- Give ongoing opportunities to hear the gospel message, opportunities for discipleship and to assist them to become spiritually mature Christians.
- Maintain open communication with church staff, parents, youth and members of the congregation.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings.
We highly value persons that have an outgoing personality, are energetic, fun and have a sense of humor. Requirements include being a born again, baptized believer. The ideal candidate will be an engaging teacher with a strong Biblical and theological background that feels called to the youth ministry. The incumbent will have a passion for evangelism and in developing mature Christians.
For information or to indicate interest in the position, please contact Jill Turner at email@example.com