Rich Man, Poor Man
James examines four basic Christian doctrines in the light of the way we treat other
I.The ______________________ of Christ (2 1-4)
• Jesus did not ________________________ persons.
• Jesus was ________________________ and __________________________.
II.The _____________________ of God (2:5-7)
God saves us completely on the basis of the work of Christ on the cross and not
because of anything that we are or have.
• God ignores:
• ______________________ differences (Acts 10:34)
• ______________________ differences (Eph 6:9)
The doctrine of God’s grace forces us to relate to people on the basis of God’s
plan and not on the basis of human merit or social status.
III.The ______________________ of God (2:8-11)
We only believe as much of the Bible as we practice.
IV.The ______________________ of God (2:12-13)
Jesus and Paul assured us that Christians will never be judged for their sins, but
our works will be judged and rewarded. (Rom 14:10-13, 2 Cor 5:9-10)
• Our _____________________ will be judged.
• Our _____________________ will be judged. (Col 3:22-25)
• Our _____________________ will be judged. (v13)
The message of this section: Our beliefs should control our behavior.
One of the tests of the reality of our faith is how we treat other people. Can we pass