Shady Grove Baptist Church 2nd Quarter Business Meeting April 10, 2022
Call to Order: 11:59 AM Attendance: 50
Prayer by Pastor Jason Rodgers
● Things going well. Coming up: Easter egg hunt, prayer drive through
Children’s Ministry – Jeanette Rodgers:
- ● Children’s choir going strong
- ● Thank you for all the easter eggs, need volunteers to help throughout the day of the hunt.
- ● VBS June 5-10, 6-8:30 – planning meetings 4/24, potluck luncheon 12 noon, will then canvas theneighborhood to distribute door hangers. Saturday 6/4, 9-1 pm we will decorate the church.
- ● Children’s camp: 3-6 grade invited. Will be at Camp Copass in Denton. Cost is $300, there will bea bake sale to offset the cost. See Jeanetter if interested and for more information
- ● Thank you for your support and prayersYouth Ministry – Nick Alvarez:
- ● Thank you for your continued support.
- ● Will unveil the renovated youth room soon.
- ● Fundraisers for youth camp in New Mexico, 6/15-19: April 30th, car wash; May 3, spirit night atMcAllistars.
- ● Thank you to WOM for donation to youth campAWANA – Dottie Morris:
- ● Four(4) new kids this past week
- ● OCC shoeboxes- can buy items on sale all year. Received a letter from a girl in Panama thanking her for her shoebox. Her favorite item was a hair brush.Treasurer – Dewayne Stewart
- ● Offerings above budget, finances stable.
- ● Extra money has been applied towards the loan – the goal is to pay off early
- ● Thank you for your supportCommittee Reports:
● Nominating Committee -Add Brenna Tomlinson for to the long-range planning committee
● Bylaws Committee- changes complete. One change: move business meetings from Wednesday night to after service on Sundays.
Jason explained how changes will work. The church will have one quarter to review proposed Bylaws.
Motion to end the meeting made by Tom Lyman, seconded by Chris Turner Meeting adjourned: 12:19 PM
Respectfully submitted by Brenda Blagg